The second of our hotel reviews from the perspective of light sleepers, Patsy reviews Fermain Valley where she was lucky enough to be holed up for a conference.
The hotel: Smart, sophisticated yet relaxed country-style hotel
The room I stayed in: Large comfy double in The Venue (separate from the main hotel) facing out to sea, with chaise longue for lounging
Beds: Large double. Mattress: firm but not hard – just the way I like it.
Bed linen: Light cotton duvet with quilted comforter, two pillows.
Noise: None that I’m aware of – I was out like a light.
Light: Thick-lined curtains make for a perfectly dark room.
Clean? As a whistle.
Bathroom: Small but perfectly formed. Thick, white towels and Elemis toiletries.
Other reasons to stay
* Location, location, location – view over treetops to the delightful Fermain Bay
* Stunning gardens designed by Eden Project landscapers
* 10 minute walk down to small sandy beach, cliff walks, The Beach Café (voted 2nd best in the world by The Guardian)
* Fabulous restaurant with fantastic fresh seafood – try the seared Guernsey scallops followed by sea bass. Great cheese board
* The breakfast menu ranging from full English to herb omelette or kipper with eggs and soda bread (my choice) slathered with buttercup yellow Guernsey butter
* Free wifi, heated swimming pool, private cinema, library…need I go on?
* Attentive service – nothing is too much trouble
Hard-pressed to think of any.
Cost: Rooms from £120 a night
Would I go again? You bet!
Fermain Valley is at Fermain Lane, St Peter Port, Guernsey. Tel: +44 01491 235666.
Patsy stayed at Fermain Valley as a guest of Healthspan.